— PROJECT NAME
Creating routes in Booking app
— MY ROLE
Rafael Moreno Moreno
Respond to question: How do we travel?
How we traveled in 2019? A study from Trip Advisor.
How will we travel in 2020? A study from Booking.
- He usually travels with his friends or his girlfriend.
- He knows in advance the key places where he is going to stay, but leave some unconfirmed.
- He usually makes short trips, but he likes to make a longer trip every two years.
- He follow the recommendations of his friends to know how to choose the next destination.
- Doesn’t book a trip until he have looked at all the online recommendations.
- Best trip of his life: Thailand, with his girlfriend, last year.
Travelers that don't plan so much need a tool to make sure they find accommodation on a previously set route when they have already started the trip.
How could we offer a feature so that the user can establish a route and find accommodation on that route once his trip has started?
Offer to the user the possibility of booking accommodation for a complete route, with several destinations; and also for a specific destination of the route previously set, once the trip has begun.
Miguel wants to go in a roadtrip with his girlfriend, so he has to create the route with all the places he wants to visit. In this case, they want to go to Los Ángeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco. After choosing the route, Booking provide them a list of different accommodations for each city. They decide to book the first and the last hotel, but no the second one. They book accommodations in these two cities.
Once they are on their way to Las Vegas, they want to book the remain accommodation of the route. They access to the routes menu and find the complete roadtrip. It shows one accommodation in Las Vegas without booking. They select this one and book the hotel they like.
Introduce a feature in the current design of an existing application.
Work with the brand identity of an existing company and adapt your design to it.
During the investigation, sometimes you may have insights in front of you and not even notice.